Principal Platform Engineer
Location: San Francisco, CA or New York, NY
Hiring Manager: VP Engineering
As the first SaaS company to attempt to become a national securities exchange, Long-Term Stock Exchange (LTSE) is on a mission to transform the capital markets by rebuilding trust between companies and investors and encouraging broader public market participation. LTSE’s innovative governance model introduces a new compact between companies and investors and is at the core of LTSE’s software and listing products.
Founded and led by Eric Ries, an entrepreneur, New York Times bestselling author, and the creator of the Lean Startup methodology, LTSE has built an experienced and diverse team of 20 full-time professionals. With offices in San Francisco and New York, our team includes experts and advisors in the realms of technology, finance, regulation, and law. LTSE is a Series A funded company, and major investors include Founders Fund, Andreessen Horowitz, Collaborative Fund, and Obvious Ventures.
As a principal platform engineer, you will have an opportunity to create the software architecture and services powering LTSE Tools working with other engineers as your customers. These services are key to providing interoperable tools to end users and in helping to quickly and iteratively build new feature sets, which also provide a common layer for data access and sharing, account provisioning and entitlements, usage metrics and reporting. You will work closely with your engineering colleagues as well as partners and customers to support our mission of providing software for company builders.
Our engineering team is small and you will be a key member, fully participating in the design and evolution of our tooling and practices. Our engineers believe in writing tests, refactoring mercilessly, and that the best code is the code you never have to write. We are a fast-moving startup, but we also prioritize sustainable development, taking advantage of the efficiencies of a small team to have a disproportionate impact.
We’re building a software platform for company builders. Our mission is to enable the next generation of bold, visionary companies to thrive. Each tool is something we choose to invest in to create eco-system reform, a fundamental part of our mission.
Our ideal candidate has:
- 7+ years of professional engineering experience
- Experience with multiple programming languages and at least one compiled, strongly-typed language (we use Java)
- Familiarity with micro-service architectures and event-driven systems
- Comfort with operating data systems in a highly-regulated environment
- Experience with profiling and data-driven optimization of performance-critical code
- A strong preference for iterative development and unit testing
- Experience working for the inclusion & success of underrepresented developers
- Passion for improving engineering processes and culture
- Excellent organizational, communication, presentation, and data analytics skills
- People. Work with skilled, committed and supportive teammates
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Minimum vacation policy and a commitment to sustainable work
- Competitive and flexible early startup compensation package
LTSE is committed to championing the inclusion of women and underrepresented developers at the earliest stages of the company’s life. We believe that inclusion is a team effort, and every team member is expected to participate in building a welcoming and representative engineering culture.
LTSE is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.