Senior Backend Engineer
Location: San Francisco, CA or New York, NY
Hiring Manager: Software Engineering Manager
The Long-Term Stock Exchange is a mission-driven company devoted to bringing together companies that want to build long-term value with investors who want to invest for the long-term. As a backend engineer at LTSE you will be part of a conscientious, feedback-driven team building resilient distributed systems.
Our team is small and you will be a key member, fully participating in the design and evolution of our tools and practices. Our engineers believe in writing tests, refactoring mercilessly, and that the best code is the code we never have to write. We practice feedback and collaboration through either pair programming or code reviews of all code. We are a fast-moving startup, but we also prioritize sustainable development, taking advantage of the efficiencies of a small team to have a disproportionate impact.
The Long-Term Stock Exchange is committed to building the inclusion of women and underrepresented developers in from the start.
- Experience coding in at least one compiled, strongly-typed language with ease
- A strong preference for simplicity, readability and maintainability over cleverness
- Experience with profiling and data-driven optimization of performance-critical code
- Comfortable with iterative development and unit testing
- Experience participating in small, diverse teams that prioritize people over process, working software over documentation and responding to change over following a plan
Reasons you might be a great fit:
- You believe in our mission and want to be a part of a fundamental change in the financial markets
- You have aesthetic preferences for code and want to be part of a small team devoted to evolving quality software together
- You already embrace Lean Startup methodology, experimentation and feedback-oriented development
- You like working with complex systems and are always looking to increase your understanding of how to adapt to failures