Principal Platform Engineer
Location: San Francisco, CA or New York, NY
Hiring Manager: VP Engineering
We’re building a software platform for company builders. Our mission is to enable the next generation of bold, visionary companies to thrive. Each tool is something we choose to invest in to create eco-system reform, a fundamental part of our mission.
Our engineering team is small and you will be a key member, fully participating in the design and evolution of our tooling and practices. Our engineers believe in writing tests, refactoring mercilessly, and that the best code is the code you never have to write. We are a fast-moving startup, but we also prioritize sustainable development, taking advantage of the efficiencies of a small team to have a disproportionate impact.
As a principal platform engineer you will have an opportunity to create the software architecture and services powering LTSE Tools working with other engineers as your customers. These services are key to providing interoperable tools to our end users and in helping us to quickly and iteratively build new feature sets. They provide a common layer for data access and sharing, account provisioning and entitlements, usage metrics and reporting. You will work closely with your engineering colleagues as well as partners and customers to support our mission of providing software for company builders.
LTSE is committed to building the inclusion of women and underrepresented developers in from the start.
- Experience coding in at least one compiled, strongly-typed language with ease (we use Java)
- Comfort with multiple web app development frameworks (we started with RoR and now use Play framework)
- A strong preference for simplicity, readability and maintainability over cleverness
- Experience with profiling and data-driven optimization of performance-critical code
- Comfort with iterative development and unit testing
- Experience participating in small, diverse teams that prioritize people over process, working software over documentation and responding to change over following a plan
- Experience with multiple data storage, retrieval, and distribution techniques
- Familiarity with micro-service architectures and event-driven systems
- Comfort with operating data systems in a highly-regulated environment
- Experience building diverse, small, and highly-performing teams
- Passion for improving engineering processes and culture
Reasons you might be a great fit:
- You believe in our mission and want to be a part of a fundamental change in the financial markets
- You have previously built and are passionate about software that enables businesses to solve operational problems or deliver social impact
- You already embrace the Lean Startup methodology, experimentation and feedback-oriented development
- You like working with complex systems and are always looking to increase your understanding of how to adapt to failures