Location: San Francisco, CA or New York, NY
Hiring Manager: VP Engineering
We’re building a software platform for company builders. Our mission is to enable the next generation of bold, visionary companies to thrive. Each tool is something we choose to invest in to create eco-system reform, a fundamental part of our mission.
Our engineering team is small and you will be a key member, fully participating in the design and evolution of our tooling and practices. Our engineers believe in writing tests, refactoring mercilessly, and that the best code is the code you never have to write. We are a fast-moving startup, but we also prioritize sustainable development, taking advantage of the efficiencies of a small team to have a disproportionate impact.
As a full-stack engineer you will have an opportunity to own the entire software development life cycle for one of our new tools. You will work closely both with your colleagues as well as partners and customers to exercise full ownership over the final product.
- Experience coding in at least one compiled, strongly-typed language with ease (we use Java)
- Comfort with multiple web app development frameworks (we started with RoR and now use Play framework)
- Strong preference for iterative development and unit testing
- Experience participating in small, diverse teams that prioritize people over process, working software over documentation and responding to change over following a plan
- Comfort with listening to customers and establishing empathy
- Attention to detail and understanding how to delight customers with driving UX polish
- Willingness to contributing to product strategy and roadmap decisions
- Experience building diverse, small, and highly-performing teams
- Passion for improving engineering processes and culture
Reasons you might be a great fit:
- You believe in our mission and want to be a part of a fundamental change in the financial markets
- You have previously built and are passionate about software that enables businesses to solve operational problems or deliver social impact
- You already embrace the Lean Startup methodology, experimentation and feedback-oriented development and think you will thrive in a high accountability culture designed for continuous improvement
- You like working with complex systems and are always looking to increase your understanding of how to adapt to failures